Alpena Power Company is a public utility company that provides electricity to most of Alpena County Michigan as well as southeastern Presque Isle County and the village of Hillman in Montmorency County. The headquarters are located in Alpena Michigan. The company was founded in 1881 by George N. Fletcher. they produce 1-2% of power for the area using 3 hydro electric dams located on the thunder bay river. Alpena Power has one 138KV interconnection with Consumers Energy-METC.
Key people are Stephen H. Fletcher and Chairman.